We have more than 50 Learning Centers that welcome every individual as if he or she is family. We love what we do and that is transmitted throughout the Learning Center experience.
First, we do a 2-4 hour learning evaluation to identify an individual's strengths and weaknesses in reading, language comprehension, vocabulary, following directions, and math.
Second, we do a consultation to specifically explain each test and recommend potential instruction.
Our goal is to diagnose the underlying sensory-cognitive processes relevant to independence in language processing.
Lindamood-Bell has always been committed to extensive research, including both behavioral and neurological research.
We analyze our Learning Center and School Partnership data—and we also partner with eminent researchers in the field of reading and education. Our most recent study on dyslexia validates these significantly improved reading behaviors and also the significant changes to brain function. See the Georgetown Center article from NeuroImage magazine, "Gray matter volume changes following reading intervention in dyslexic children."
"(Lindamood-Bell) changed brains and changed lives." ~ Dr. Lynn Flowers
We improve decoding, spelling, language comprehension, memory, and math by developing and applying the underlying sensory-cognitive functions of phoneme awareness, symbol imagery, and concept imagery.
The programs we use in Lindamood-Bell Learning Centers and School Partnerships are:
- Seeing Stars®: Symbol Imagery for Phonological and Orthographic Processing in Reading and Spelling (SI™)
- Visualizing and Verbalizing for Language Comprehension and Thinking® (V/V®)
- Talkies®: Visualizing and Verbalizing for Oral Language Comprehension and Expression (Talkies®)
- Lindamood Phoneme Sequencing® Program for Reading, Spelling, and Speech (LiPS®)
- On Cloud Nine® Math (OCN™)