|Attention Colorado Schools:
New Early Literacy Grant Program
Deadline to apply: March 4th
Download here to apply.
Lindamood-Bell® School Partnerships and Professional Learning Communities are improving student performance in schools across the country.
We can be an effective partner in your Race to the Top, Renewal, Professional Development, and Turnaround/Transformation initiatives.
We are proud to announce that Lindamood-Bell has been approved as an Education Service Provider for the State of Colorado. Click here for more information.
Lindamood-Bell® School Partnerships prepare teachers to effectively teach reading, spelling, and comprehension. As a Turnaround Provider, Lindamood-Bell is poised to assist low performing schools to dramatically improve academic performance.
For more than 15 years, Lindamood-Bell® Learning Processes has partnered with schools and districts throughout the United States to establish professional learning communities. Our model of high quality instruction, rigorous professional development, comprehensive program monitoring, and evaluation ensures that student academic performance is improved and sustained on a large scale.
Lindamood-Bell®School Partnerships provide the following:
PROCESS-BASED INSTRUCTION FOR STUDENTS
Our process-based, sensory-cognitive instruction develops the underlying skills required for competency in reading, comprehension, writing, math, and critical thinking. These skills are necessary for proficiency in the common core state standards.
- Research-validated practices
- Framework for Response to Intervention
- Enhances Tier 1 common core instruction
- Effective for Tier 2 and 3 intervention
- Develops the 5 core components of reading
- Helps all students learn to their potential, K-12
- Aligns to Common Core Content Standards
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FOR TEACHERS
We partner with schools anddistricts to establish an effective Professional Learning Community (PLC), supported by best practices, and designed to sustain school improvement byincreasing student achievement on a large scale.
- Teacher training via on-site workshops in research based programs, assessments, differentiated instruction, and more
- Assessment and differentiated instruction
- Embedded and sustained professional development for teachers
- Weekly Professional Learning Community (PLC) meetings
- Program demonstrations and mentoring by on-site coaches
- Lindamood-Bell® Consultant Certification program
- Instructional Leadership Program
LEADERSHIP & COLLABORATION FOR ADMINISTRATORS
Our goal is to support leaders and teachers by comprehensively addressing professional development needs and implementing a high quality, sustainable literacy initiative to enhance school improvement,
- School-by-School Needs Assessment
- Leadership Institute for staff development
- Monthly quality reviews
- Quarterly reports on program efficacy
- Strategic Response to Intervention planning
- Ongoing collaboration
- Classroom walkthrough guidelines and support
ASSESSMENT & PROGRESS MONITORING
We implement comprehensive assessment tools to diagnose individual learning needs, differentiate instruction, and measure program efficacy along with school improvement.
- Needs Assessment, mid-year, and end of year reports on student progress / school improvement
- State achievement test reports
- Response to Intervention progress monitoring
- Real-time diagnosis
Our web-based data management system, INFORMS for Schools, allows teachers to maximize school improvement by efficiently tracking student assessment results and attendance, and generating individualized learning evaluation reports.
- Automated diagnostic test scoring & summaries
- Attendance tracking module
- Coordinated Response to Intervention data management with schools/districts
We promote a positive culture of instruction and student achievement. Our Response to Intervention framework involves collaborating with schools to develop outreach efforts and events for parents and all community stakeholders.
- Kick-off Celebration
- School Board Presentations
- Parent correspondence in English/Spanish (other languages available)
- Tips for Home (parent workshops)
- Certification Celebrations (teacher recognition)
- Shooting Star Celebrations (student recognition)
EVIDENCE OF EFFECTIVENESS
Our comprehensive school partnerships utilize a Response to Intervention model that includes teacher training and other staff development methods designed to consistently increase and sustain school improvement through student achievement.
- Proven Results in Title 1 schools and Special Education
- Effective interventions for students with disabilities, K-12
- Effectively meets the needs of English Language Learners
- Significant progress in measures of reading and comprehension, which positively affect proficiency in Common Core State Standards
“I truly believe that choosing to implement Lindamood-Bell at Haskin Elementary was a great decision. Our students are being challenged more than ever before and our teachers have the tools, the metacognitive strategies,and support to reach them.”
Haskin Elementary Teacher
“Lindamood-Bell has had an enormous impact on our school and on our students. The training our teachers received impacted all areas of their instruction and led to increased student achievement across the content areas.”
Principal, Haskin Elementary School